Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Progress continues

Today was another landmark day in the pool. I have made it my mission these past few weeks to continue to hit the pool often. My strategy is that come spring (officially next week!), I will be able to enjoy the nicer weather and longer daylight hours to go for long runs and bike rides. Over the past few weeks, I have made monumental strides in terms of my endurance and overall swim form. I'm proud to say that today I hit the 2000 yard mark in my workout. Could I have gone more? Sure, but I didn't want to push too hard too soon. So as I continue to expand my swim endurance and rack up the yards, I look forward to spring, which is right around the corner.

Yesterday, was a SLD day, running with my girlfriend. We did our usual loop outside, which takes us half the way on the W&OD run/bike trail, and half way through Ballston, which is more urban. Never a dull moment when running through a city. Since we go running after work, we pass by a lot of commuters coming off the metro, which can be a challenge trying to weave between everyone on the sidewalks. This time, we ran into a new challenge: skateboarders. Now normally, when you pass by a bunch of skateboards, you think nothing of it. Except that this time, right after we passed them, all we could hear was the sound of 6 skateboards clicking against each bump on the sidewalk. It sounded like rolling thunder coming down the street. Then, all of the sudden they start whizzing by us. Not really knowing what to do, we slowed down a bit and let them pass. Just goes to show, you never know who you may encounter while training.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails