Monday, February 19, 2007

If at first you don't succeed...

So today was try #2 at my swim training again. After my first attempt last week, I was a little down on myself for not keeping up my swim fitness over the offseason. I kept my expectations low this time, hoping to swim at least equal to the 1200 yards I swam last time.

Today, I decided to focus on the drills I worked on all last year. My workout consisted of:
  • 200 yard warm up
  • 2 x 50 yards fist drill
  • 2 x 50 yards catch up
  • 2 x 50 yards 10/10 drill
  • 2 x 50 yards recovery focus
  • 2 x 50 yards strong pulls
  • 2 x 50 yards perfect form
  • 4 x 25 yards sprint
  • 500 yard cool down
  • Total distance: 1400 yards
I'm happy that I was able to moderately increase my yardage. Because our bodies quickly get back the fitness we can lose so easily, I think my body just needs a few weeks of "swim shock" to get it back into previous shape. While my yards are increasing, my swim endurance needs to increase significantly. So I shall continue to hit the pool often in the hope that my body remembers was it once like to easily swim a mile.

Glad to start off the week on a high note ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails