Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Race Against Time

As usual, the weathermen and women of the DC area missed the mark on forcasting "The Blizzard of 2007". According to their reports last night, we were supposed to wake up with a couple of inches of snow. I know...most of you are reading this thinking a couple of inches???? Who cares. Well, you haven't been to this area. EVERYTHING shuts down. It snowed .5 inches last week and schools were canceled! Don't yell at me for all the chaos, I lived in Syracuse, NY for 6 years and have never had a problem driving in nasty weather. Its the idiots who think they can go 60 mph on slick roads that cause all the problems. Oh yea, and they all have SUVs, so they "think" they are safe.

So what do I see when I wake up? Zip, zero, zilch, nada. Oh well I said, fine they missed it...guess I'll have to go to work after all and carry on with my day as normal. Well now it looks like the weather system is just delayed a few hours and the "heavy" stuff won't come until this afternoon.

Why am I making a big deal out of this, you ask? Today was supposed to be my first day in the pool in a while and I hate missing a planned workout, especially on account of the pools closing for 2 inches of snow. So I shall go to work and actively watch the weather, hoping the snow can hold off long enough to let me get in my first swim of the season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails