Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rest and relaxation

It seems strange, because I'd work out every day if I knew it was good for me, but I am actually looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Normally I dread those days. While training throughout the week, I seem to get used to the daily schedule of juggling work and training. But on a rest day, I typically feel like I am doing something wrong. Anyone else ever feel that way? You think to yourself, "I feel fine and I'm not even that sore". But the reality is that your body needs to rest. Reload and recover. That way, Monday will be full of energy ready to take on the world.

Why am I looking forward to the off day tomorrow you ask? Well, this week I definitely stepped up my training hours. My body feels sore, but in a good way. As you will see in my weekly recap tomorrow, I have surpassed all of my goals for the week, except for biking. However, I made the decision to reduce my riding time this week after I set my goals for the week, due to higher priorities of getting more time in the water, running outside, and making sure I get in some solid strength training.

So tomorrow, I am looking forward to sleeping in and doing NOTHING but resting. Hope you do the same!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails