Sunday, May 6, 2007

Pre-Race 5k Run for Celiac Disease

Up nice and early getting ready for the 5k Run for Celiac Disease. The race is in Baltimore, so we need to be up a bit early to head over there for check in. While the race today is not a serious race schedule wise, it is an important race for TT and myself. TT is a celiac and this race is an excellent opportunity to raise money and awareness for celiac research and for us to sample lots of gluten free goodies!

And speaking of gluten free goodies, TT and I went to the Gluten Free Cooking Spree on Friday night. It was a cooking competition with chefs from some of the top restaurants in the DC area, working with doctors and members of the media to create the best gluten free dishes. We got to sample all the dishes and indulge in the many gluten free foods they had there, including lots of desserts. The dish to the right was the winning dish: Grilled snake fish with cornbread. It was good, but I thought there were some better dishes. I guess that's why I wasn't a judge!

I'll leave you with this message:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails