Wednesday, May 9, 2007

One Week Early

Although its now less than 2 weeks (10 days to be exact) until my first tri of the season, I didn't plan to taper until the week of the race. Since this is a sprint distance and my body has been recovering well through the past few weeks of increased training volume, I wanted to get one more hard week in before the race.

Unfortunately, work has me tied down at the moment. Held back on both Monday and Tuesday, I was given little chance to get a workout in. Since I was in the office till 10:30 last night, I was able to get into work a little later today and hit the pool this morning for a nice swim. So at least I was able to get something in. However, I don't see much of a let up in demand at work over the next week, so its looking like my taper is starting too soon. Oh yea, I'll probably be working some of the weekend too, so I can't make up the time then either. That's life I guess.

The one positive way to look at it is that my body will be rested...

1 comment:

Wrenched Photography said...

I feel your pain. Between work, building bikes, carting my brother to classes and physical therapy I havent had a good run or ride in the past week. Last time I was out it was a swim.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails