Monday, May 14, 2007

My weeks in review - Weeks 13- 14

Last week was a busy one...too busy to get a posting on Monday, so I passed on my week in review. Now that I have a chance, I'll recap both weeks. First, the numbers:

Week 13
Swim: 6500 yards (Goal: 6500)
Bike: 3 hours (Goal: 4)
Run: 8 miles (Goal: 6)
Weight Sessions: 1 (Goal: 2)
Time: 8 hours (Goal: 9)

Week 14
Swim: 4000 yards (Goal: 6500)
Bike: 2 hours (Goal: 4)
Run: 8 miles (Goal: 8)
Weight Sessions: 1 (Goal: 2)
Time: 6.5 hours (Goal: 9.5)

Last week was a great training week. I had a bunch of great swims, some good rides and a 5k race that I placed 1st in my age group. This past week, I ran into some obstacles. These came in the form of work. I had planned my biggest week so far, leading into a taper for this week, but unfortunately it didn't work out, as you can see by the numbers. I had a great 10k run at 7:46 mile/pace, but other than that, nothing much to report. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get anywhere close to my plan.

This week is taper time, so I've got less volume planned. Its also looking like a busy week, so I hope I can get everything in to stay active and not completely shut down before the race on Sunday. Numbers for the week ((includes 400 yard swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run for the race):

Swim: 3400 yards
Bike: 3 hours
Run: 6 miles
Weight sessions: 1
Time: 6.5 hours

That's all I've got. Have a great week and enjoy your workouts (and races)!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails