Friday, May 18, 2007

Bike to Work Day

Today is Bike to Work Day. Although I didn't actually bike to work today (its pretty dangerous to bike to where I work, due to limited options for cyclists), I did ride out to near where I work on the trail, got my free t-shirt, picked up some free Cliff Bars, and headed back for a nice 25 mile ride this morning. This is the 2nd year in a row that I have participated by riding out and back. I know it defeats the purpose of the event, but it is a good opportunity to get a ride in and some free stuff.

I have to honest though. I had my doubts this morning about the feasibility of me going. I was in the office until 12 am last night, which means I would be compromising rest by going on the ride. Not to mention, this is the 2nd day in a row that I would be getting up early after a late night in the office and I've been stuck in the office lately more often than I've been away from it. I had to tell myself numerous times that my race this weekend is only a "C" race, so being a little tired is ok and not the end of the world.

This morning's ride was AWESOME. I need to go back and check my Polar for the stats, but I've got a good feeling that my avg pace was faster than any rides before. My previous best ride took 1 hour 20 minutes and this morning's ride took roughly 1 hour 30 minutes with the stop to pick up my shirt, eat a banana, have a bit of coffee, and pick up some freebies. All of that HAD to take more than 10 minutes. So I'll let you know when I check my monitor, but I felt great and that is equally important, especially leading into this weekend's race.

I'll take all the GOOD bike karma I can get at this point...

1 comment:

Wrenching Winz said...

thank god i'm public sector. Bike to work day is great and is everyday for me

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails