Friday, May 18, 2007

Bike to Work Day

Today is Bike to Work Day. Although I didn't actually bike to work today (its pretty dangerous to bike to where I work, due to limited options for cyclists), I did ride out to near where I work on the trail, got my free t-shirt, picked up some free Cliff Bars, and headed back for a nice 25 mile ride this morning. This is the 2nd year in a row that I have participated by riding out and back. I know it defeats the purpose of the event, but it is a good opportunity to get a ride in and some free stuff.

I have to honest though. I had my doubts this morning about the feasibility of me going. I was in the office until 12 am last night, which means I would be compromising rest by going on the ride. Not to mention, this is the 2nd day in a row that I would be getting up early after a late night in the office and I've been stuck in the office lately more often than I've been away from it. I had to tell myself numerous times that my race this weekend is only a "C" race, so being a little tired is ok and not the end of the world.

This morning's ride was AWESOME. I need to go back and check my Polar for the stats, but I've got a good feeling that my avg pace was faster than any rides before. My previous best ride took 1 hour 20 minutes and this morning's ride took roughly 1 hour 30 minutes with the stop to pick up my shirt, eat a banana, have a bit of coffee, and pick up some freebies. All of that HAD to take more than 10 minutes. So I'll let you know when I check my monitor, but I felt great and that is equally important, especially leading into this weekend's race.

I'll take all the GOOD bike karma I can get at this point...

1 comment:

Wrenched Photography said...

thank god i'm public sector. Bike to work day is great and is everyday for me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails