Friday, May 25, 2007

Nachos + Beer = Upset Stomach While Running

Yesterday, TT and I celebrated Memorial Day a little early with a nice happy hour after work with some of her coworkers. Nothing too crazy, just a couple of us, some beers, and a BIG pile of nachos. In hindsight, we should have taken a picture, because man these things were piled high!

Fast forward to this morning at about 6 am, when I was awakened by my good friend Piper. Since I was awake, I figured hey might as well go for a run. Yea. Bad idea. This should come as no surprise to anyone, but let me give you the recap.
  • Mile 1: 7:58 - Feeling good. Running in the morning is great and peaceful. Wait. Stomach starting to feel something brewing
  • Mile 2: 7:40 - Ahhh. After the pit stop at McDonald's (hey it was the closest place), feeling much better
  • Mile 3: 7:54 - Not so much better anymore. Feeling a bit dehydrated. Probably should have drank/eaten something this morning
  • Mile 4: 7:58 - Ugh. Its all up hill from here. Wheezing begins as my lack of hydration sets in
  • Mile 5: 8:02 - Almost there. Almost there. Stupid mile long hill. I hate you.
  • Mile 6: 7:42 - The faster I run, the faster I can get to the bathroom. Home at last!
And that was my run this morning. If you do decide to go for a run after a night of nachos and beer, try to go to the bathroom as much as possible BEFORE the run. Oh yea, and make sure you drink lots of water throughout the night, otherwise you'll sound like a squealing pig as you try and run somewhere close to your goal pace.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails