Sunday, April 1, 2007

My week in review - Week 8

Writing in a bit early this time, as I'm headed out of town for the next couple of days. Its already been 2 months of steady training. So that would mean its time again for another My Week in Review.

This week had some great workouts, and some ugly workouts. I hit the 2500 yard mark for the first time in the pool. Too bad I strained my hamstring getting out of the pool. I also completed my "Smooth and Steady" Olympic Triathlon simulated race and felt great doing it. Tuesday was my week's low point, as I bonked on my 40 mile bike ride. To look at the brighter side of all of these workouts, is that I've learned a lot of things from them. Some of them, more obvious than others. For example, if you are planning on doing at 2+ hour workout, don't prepare your food intake as if it were a light day ;) Oh well...fool me once...

Lets get to the numbers:
- Swim: 4500 yards (Goal: 4200)
- Bike: 4 hours; 65 miles (Goal: 5 hours)
- Run: 6.4 miles (Goal: 5 miles)
- Weight Sessions: 2 (Goal: 2)
- Time: 7 hours (Goal: 8 hours)

For the most part, I met my goals. I had a planned hour ride for Thursday, but due to the hamstring injury on Wednesday, I needed Thursday for rest and didn't want to push on Friday, right before my simulated tri on Saturday. I acknowledge right now that my bike it my limiter. I've spent the majority of my season getting my run and swim on, due to the lack of riding weather. Well now that its heating up, the bike will be my focus for the next 2 months.

Since I'll be out of town for through Wednesday and won't have access to a bike or pool, I'm using these days as rest days, following my big day yesterday. I plan to do a little running, but mostly resting for the big upcoming weeks. Goals for the week:

- Run: 9 miles
- Bike: 3 hours
- Swim: 2500 yards
- Weight Sessions: 1
- Time: 6 hours

Have a great week and enjoy your workouts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails