Wednesday, March 7, 2007

To run...or to bike...that is the question

I was faced with a difficult situation today. Realizing that I have neither run nor biked yet this week, I knew I'd have to do one or the other. And since we were lucky enough to be graced with some March snow (sarcasm), either one would be done inside. I have said it once and I'll say it again, I despise running on the treadmill. With a goal of 15 miles of running this week, I knew I'd have to log some miles today in order to get close to that goal. Spinning, on the other hand, is enjoyable. I've planned for 2 hours of biking this week, so a spin session would leave more time to hit the other areas the rest of the week. But which to choose?

This afternoon, as my luck would have it, I was able to end work early. I decided that I wanted to get a spin class in, since the instructor today was pretty good. But I also realized that I had about an hour till that class started. So I packed up my gear and headed to the gym. I spent about 45 minutes on the treadmill, but fortunately I brought my mp3 player, so the time went by a bit faster. In total, I logged 6.1 miles.

Shortly after I finished running, I noticed that the spin instructor was walking toward the room, so I jumped over there to make sure I got one of the good bikes. You never know what you are going to get at my gym, because it is so crowded and there are only about 10 good bikes out of about 75 total in the class. So I was happy to head right in as she opened the door. Nothing like getting a money spot for class. So I continued to ride once I got in and got in a solid 20 minutes of riding before the class started. When it was all said and done, I rode for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

So today, it was a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.
  • 6.1 miles run
  • 1:10 bike

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails