Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another solid swim...but frustrating

Yesterday, TT and I went for our usual Tuesday swim. Tuesdays are typically drill work. So the focus today for me was on keeping with proper form on the pull, since I need to somewhat reinvent my stroke to eliminate my shoulder pain. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to think about making sure my elbow is high and my pull goes down the line of my body. But the early going tweaks of a stroke result in slower swimming. It really isn't much of a drop in time and efficiency, but it is noticeable. My distances are maintaining the same, but I am a bit more winded as a result. I know I just need to keep plugging away, and eventually I will be swimming more efficiently and faster. Until then, it will continue to be frustrating...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails