Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Slice of Bad Luck Pie

Cycling can be so frustrating. One day, its good karma. The next day, it's bad. I think you can guess the direction of my last ride. Yup. Not so fun. Let me paint the scene for you:

It was supposed to be a hill workout for a planned brick of 1 hour cycling and 40-60 min running. BTW - this bike loop is about 8 miles, requires nearly zero stopping, and has some of the steepest grades I can find in my area. A pretty sweet find if I may say so myself. After nearly finishing the first of the two hilly loops, I was ascending a steep incline in the newly paved bike lane. From my perspective, I saw nothing in the form of a glass, rock, etc. All of the sudden in mid spin, POP! Not only the tube, but the tire! Both tires to be exact! Yup. Face full of air is what I was rewarded with. I looked around and found nothing wrong on the road. Needless to say, no roadside repair for this situation. I walked the bike home, which took me about 30 minutes. Glad it was a hilly course (sarcasm).

On the positive side, I still went out for the run. Oh yea, and that also meant a trip to the LBS for some new gear. I picked up some new tires and tubes and hopefully will be back in business this week. I hope. Fingers crossed. I could use some good bike karma. Technical difficulties have kept me from being able to hit my training goals and its starting to add up. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yuck! best of luck on the next ride!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails