Monday, June 4, 2007

My week in review - Week 17

Its Monday, so that means its time for my week in review. Unfortunately for the 2nd week in a row, mechanical issues have kept me from hitting my numbers on the bike. Sunday's all day rainfest prevented me from my long run as well. Here are the stats from the week:

Swim: 5800 yards (Goal: 5500)
Bike: 1 hour (Goal: 4)
Run: 8 miles (Goal: 10)
Weight Sessions: 0 (Goal: 1)
Time: 5.5 hours (Goal: 8)

Not great. Except for the swimming. I am continuing to build speed in the pool. This 50 meter pool is really helping me feel more confortable in the water, by spending more time on my stroke and less time pushing off the wall to turn. It is also building my endurance. I am getting used to continuously swimming without the break to turn as often as you do in a 25 yard pool. I am really looking forward to my next race, to avenge for the royal butt-whooping I took last year, when my swim was WAY worse and I was not nearly as prepared. Does this picture look like it wasn't a struggle to finish? Off road triathlons are pretty tough, but I think I am as ready as I'll ever be.

I'm hoping to get my bike issues resolved this week and put in one last hard week of training before easing into my race on June 17th. Numbers for the week (weather and bike permitting):

Swim: 4400 yards
Bike: 5 hours
Run: 10 miles
Weight Sessions: 1
Time: 9 hours

Enjoy your week and your workouts!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

mmhmm and who is going to be helping you to resolve your bike issues?? thanks for the non-mention!! you just don't like help from a GIRL :-p

Wrenched Photography said...

Whats up with the bike?

Hmm I'll stay out of this lover spat. I raced on sunday, whats your excuse?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails