Saturday, June 2, 2007

CSC Invitational Professional Cycling Race

Today I saw one of the cooler things that comes through Arlington, VA. Clearly, Rolling Thunder tops the list of coolest things, but the CSC Invitational comes in a close 2nd, and is only a week after Memorial Day. So that means 2 awesome weeks in a row! This was actually the first time I have made it out to watch the CSC (shame on me, I know) and I was really glad to see all the local support, which included approximately 20,000 people. Considered by many as one of the most difficult courses due to the many turns throughout the 100 laps of the 1km course, the CSC weaves right through the heart of my neighborhood. The course passes by approximately 2 blocks from my apartment, which is just awesome to be able to walk out into a professional cycling race at my door. So without further ado, I bring you one video (note that TT and her fancy camera took better pictures and videos, but I like mine with my 1st generation Canon Elph) pictures from today's race.



Before the Pro Race

The Real "Pros" (Check out Dad on the cell phone!)

Start of the Pro Race

Early Breakway Pack

Tight Technical Turns

Pro Support Cars

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i heart the Lexus IS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails