Saturday, June 9, 2007

Countdown to Eagleman 70.3

No, I'm not doing Eagleman THIS year. However, TT and I will be going out to watch tomorrow. Consider it research. Why? Well part of it is so we can get an outsider's perspective of the race. You see, I've never just gone to a triathlon race and watched. I have to be honest though. Part of me wishes I was out there. After reading countless stories about horrible winds, chop, and heat from years past, this year's conditions seem pretty favorable, especially considering the heat we've had within the past 2 days.

The other reason for going is because it's my planned "A" race next year. That is, of course if I can get registered. Still looking around for the actual date that 2008 registration will be, but rest assured, I'll clear my schedule to make sure I get in. Not too many Half IM races in the area to choose from, so getting a spot is a top priority. Anyways, I can't think of a better place to experience my first Half IM, than at a local race.

SO LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN...t-minus 365 days!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails