Thursday, June 7, 2007

Good News for Xterra Richmond

Despite the hot temperatures forecast for next week's Xterra Richmond, I received some good news. TT's friend, who lives in Richmond, has offered to house us when we go down there. Originally, the plan was to wake up at the butt crack of dawn and trek down there. There are many reasons why this plan would sucked. Take for example, waking up at 3 am. Or maybe the fact that I'd be riding the course blind (I rode it last year blind and it kicked my arse). Since they try to change the courses each year slightly, I have only a remote idea of some parts of the course.

Well this year, things are a changin. Now that we have a place to stay Saturday night, I can pre-ride the course Saturday afternoon and at least get a feel for it. The beginning of the course is easy gravel roads but the heart of the race is on some twisty single track trails with rocky climbs. A pre-ride session should give me a great heads up for those trouble spots that beat me to a pulp last year.

If I can only get the weather to cool down a bit, then I'd have it made in the shade.

1 comment:

Wrenched Photography said...

Sweet, be sure to drink a pint of Rogue Hazlenut Brown for me at the Capital Ale House.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails