Saturday, September 29, 2007

Recruited to Run

Tomorrow I am running a 10k as part of team. Not since high school cross country, have I competed in an event as part of a team. Though I wouldn't really call this a "team" per say. I voluntarily offered my services in a local race. The event will be raising money for the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington and the Jewish Foundation for Group Homes. My grandmother lived in the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington for the last 6 or so years of her 93 year long life. Its a race for a great cause that is near and dear to my heart.

Oh yea, back to the "team" element. Since this event is raising money for several local Jewish groups, all the local synagogues decided it would be fun to have a competition against each other. It was at this point, that my dad immediately thought to volunteer me to run. What the heck, its only a 10k. I've got the Army 10 Miler next weekend, so a race pace 10k seems like a great warm up.

So I signed up last week for the 10k and will do my best to represent my congregation!

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

How'd ya do?

A 10K race would have been fun on Sunday. I ended up running about 6.5 on Sunday - but a race steps up the ante!

The Army 10 Miler should be good next weekend, I'm really looking forward to it. PR time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails