Friday, September 7, 2007

Annapolis or Bust

Its go time once again. But this time its personal. Ok, not really personal, but this IS my "A" race for the year. I know people doing the race. I know people watching the race. I know people that will be watching me doing the race. Pressure is on. Last chance of the season to kick it up a notch and leave nothing behind. This is my 10th triathlon and I want to make it a good one!

One more thing. Annapolis Triathlon has 2 different transition areas. I don't really get the whole 2 transition thing. It kind of ruins the unique element of triathlon for spectators that they can remain in one area to catch the action. Don't get me wrong. Its cool the the race finish line is on the 50 yard line of the Navy stadium and all finishers will be on the Jumbotron, but the swim is a mile away from T2 and the finish. So much for finding a money spot to watch the whole race.

Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me calm down and talk about the race for a minute. I really really really hope the waters are cold enough for wetsuits. Given the dry conditions lately, jellyfish are likely all over the place. Aside from telling everyone at work that I was on the Jumbotron at Navy's stadium, I prefer to not have to tell them about how I got stung repeatedly by the jellyfish during the swim portion of the race. So let's pray for cool weather to keep the temps down in these last 36 hours...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look forwsrd to hearing about your experience. i'll be writing mine after a long nap.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails