Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Time to catch up

Phew...life has been busy. That's all I can say. Each day has been blending together lately. Its one thing after another. Between training, work, wedding planning and finding time to breathe, I really haven't had much time to do anything else. With the "end of the season" nearing, I am looking forward to having more time. At this point, I'm still trying to push myself to keep up with the good work ethic and hit the pool, road, trails, what have you. But once I hit Sept 10 (the day after my last race of the season), there will be a lot less pressure to keep up the volume and intensity. I'm hoping I will be able to take a step back and spend some time doing all those things I keep pushing away, like all the little house chores and other things that I need to do.
So what has my past week been like? Well, its been a great week!

I did a double loop of the bike course for Annapolis, which was my 2nd and 3rd time riding the course. I really feel like I've got my riding dialed in for the race. I know where to shift, what gears to be in when, and when to hammer home. I can't wait for the race. This is the most prepared I've been for any race, and I am looking forward to nothing but success. And of course success is defined at beating my friend, who will be racing against me.

On Sunday, Rebecca and her sister competed in the Luray Triathlon. Let me take you back to a week ago today, when Rebecca became ill. We got Theraflu, pills, and liquid medicine but nothing seemed to work. Rather than calling it quits, Rebecca figured it would be a game time decision, as to whether or not she decided to even attempt the race. Fast forward to Saturday morning, less than 24 hours before the race. She was still feeling ill, with a terrible headache. Then, a trip to the magic drug store and a few hours later, she was revived. Well, maybe 75%. The rest of the day was a mental struggle to determine if it is worth risking further sickness to do the race. Well sure enough, race day morning came around, and Little Miss Superhero decided to rock the course. Not only did she finish the race, but it was by far her best race ever. She looked strong coming out of the swim, surpassed expectations on the bike, and rocked out in her favorite part (sarcasm) the run. You can see some more details here.

But don't forget, there were TWO people competing. Rebecca's younger sister joined the triathlon party by completing her first triathlon, on what anyone who did the race can attest to, was a very challenging course. Oh yea, AND she got a bonus by sticking around for the awards ceremony only to find out that she placed 3rd in the 16-19 AG. Congrats!

So let's keep track of that: 2 people have served as my triathlon pupils and successfully rocked their first triathlons this year alone!

So that, my friends, is a great week!

1 comment:

Burnt Couch said...

You're doing the Annapolis?! Excellent. So am I.
Don't worry. I'm not threat to getting in your way as this is my first Olympic level race.

My question is: You rode the Annapolis course. Is it real hilly? I haven't made it out there as it's been raining a lot lately.

I think it is, so I've been riding a ton of hills.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails