Friday, August 10, 2007

Finding my swim mojo

Despite the absence of any consistent form of swimming recently, I had told myself to stay persistent and keep hitting the pool. Things will eventually work themselves out and there will be peace throughout the world. Ok maybe not the world, but in my world that consists of the swimming pool. You see, I've been going to an outdoor pool all summer that is a 50m pool without lap lane lines, so swim training there has been challenging to say the least. You never appreciate how much those lane lines calm the water until you swim in a pool that has none. Some days its not that bad. But others, you have to convince me that I'm not swimming in the ocean, minus the salt water ;) Clearly, one can look at it from the perspective that it is great training for race situations, when I'll be in a river, lake, bay, ocean, etc. Be that as it may, it can still be frustrating to get a "good" workout at this pool, since I was used to swimming in a 25 yard indoor pool with lap lane lines.

Today, my friends, a breakthrough! Although I knew I could do it, I have not swam a complete mile without stopping in this pool. Call it boredom, laziness or whatever. I just never did it. Today, I swam my mile and was ready to do another mile. Only problem was that I had to leave, because she had to be somewhere. Its ok though, there will be plenty of training days left to swim much more, while I'm training for this (btw - less than 200 slots left for those contemplating), so I'm not worried.

It just makes me feel good to get my swim mojo back, because its been a while since I've seen him. Welcome back buddy!

1 comment:

Wrenched Photography said...

damnit. you found where I hid the mojo. Now I gotta steal your run mojo to even things out

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails