Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

In case any of you were wondering, I survived my 16 mile run on Saturday. In fact, I more than survived it. Saturday was a huge confidence builder for me, because I really didn't feel like I was pushing that hard, but I managed to finish almost 15 minutes faster than I was expecting to. I was also able to even split the first and second 8 mile sections, even though the first 8 miles were relatively flat/downhill and the second 8 miles mere mostly uphill. I finished my run in 2:13:59, for a pace around 8:20/mile. I also felt really good by the end of the run and could have kept going for a lot longer. The rest of the day was spent running around doing errands and I barely had to slow because of the earlier long run. Sunday was more of the same. A little tightness in my legs, but felt pretty fresh the next day considering. I spent 45 minutes on the trainer Sunday evening to keep my legs loose while watching the Giants - Cowboys game. Seriously, I hate both teams, so I couldn't cheer for one over the other, but its always good to see the Cowboys lose. I'm sure I'd be saying the same thing if the Giants lost ;)

This week is somewhat of a recovery week. Rebecca and I are going up to Massachusetts to go skiing/snowboarding for the weekend, so I've got some workouts to get in early in the week. Then it is off to Massachusetts to get some cross training in. Long run this week will be cut down to 11 miles. I'm hoping to push the pace a little, like I did on last week's 10 miler to see what I've got.

Have a great week of workouts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails