Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Recap Part 2

I forgot to mention one other notable thing about my long run on Saturday. Although I felt great, there was one casualty as a result of my run. Let me describe how I came to learn of the issue.

After I got back from my run, I took off my running vest and shoes, and went straight into the kitchen to get cookin on my recovery meal. I was well into cooking my omelet when Rebecca peered around the corner to see what I was cooking. And then she said "Uh - Oh". I was like, "What, whats the matter?". And she just started laughing at me. I wiped my face, checked every possible thing I can think of to see if there was something hanging off me or on me that would warrant a laugh like that. Nothing. Then she finally pointed to my problem. We had a bleeder! You see, I was wearing a white running shirt (coolmax material), so it was easy to see. I looked down to see a nice little red smear on my shirt. I checked underneath to see the damage and there were no signs of anything significant. Just a little stinging.

I will say, this is my first experience with chaffing. I was kind of looking forward to it, just to see what it was like, since I've heard so many people talk about it. Glad it wasn't too painful, because I'm sure people get it a lot worse. Guess I'll be using body glide in yet another place.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

hehe, at least the shirt wasn't ruined! :-)

Rainmaker said...

Ouch! That sucks! I've been lucky enough to avoid it thus far...but I've had some close calls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails