Saturday, April 21, 2007

Resisting Temptation

Once again, the clock is ticking down to race day. Tomorrow morning is a 10 miler, but nothing more than a training run in a race situation. Fortunately, the weather is back to seasonal temperatures (60s/70s), which should make for a great race. The real challenge is making myself rest. I recently wrote about making sure I have enough rest and I have taken the remainder of the week relatively easy since Wednesday. Today is a full off day. However, I just went to pick up my race packet and saw the hundreds of cyclists and runners on the trails. All it made me want to do was to get outside and ride. I'm being strong though and staying busy doing some chores. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though...race day better get here faster!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails