Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's a Boy!

Well by now you may have guessed due to the lack of updates that our little bundle of joy entered the world.  Baby Z was born on May 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz. And unless of course you follow me on Twitter and saw the news break when it happened, this is your first foray into my life as a father, among the many other roles I play in this world.  


Its hard for me to find the right words to express how blessed Rebecca and I feel to be able to begin a family.  So let's just say that we're grateful for the gift we've been given in Baby Z and can't wait to watch him grow as the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn into months.  Already, after only 9 days, the little guy is starting to show some signs of some cute baby pudge.  Only 9 days in, and we're already seeing changes.  It truly is amazing to be able to experience this.

Life is definitely different though.  Along with the obvious decrease in amount of sleep Rebecca and I are getting each night, its really just a general change in how I view things.  I am no longer responsible for just myself and Rebecca.  I am now responsible for Baby Z, and more importantly, he is entirely dependent on us.  So while there will always be times where I think about what we used to do, thinking about how things are now brings a sense of fulfillment to me.  We have a purpose and a family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails