Friday, May 28, 2010

Repeat After Me

I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast. I will not go out too fast.

Ok, that should do it! After my last race, I don't want to make the same mistake twice. On the agenda tomorrow is a nice little 5k being held close to our house.

More importantly, is hopefully a sub-20:00 5k. I've come so close too many times and at this point it is all about race execution, because I am more fit now than ever before:

  • Start off comfortably hard through Mile 1 (6:40/mile)
  • Pick it up and run strong for Mile 2 (6:20/mile)
  • Give it everything I have for Mile 3 (6:15/mile)
In theory, I should beat this goal, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Sub-20 is a realistic goal and then we can go from there. That should bring me in at about 19:55, which should be totally doable...if I execute correctly ;)

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! Personally, my 5ks always work in reverse order :-) I think they actually did a study that cross country runners who tried to conserve energy in the beginning never managed to catch the runners who went out hard and faded. But you know that method isn't working for you :-)

Anonymous said...

you sound confident!-b/c you KNOW you are fit!! tomorrow is the day!!!

-Audrey-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails