It's not often you can title a post in this manner. I hope it got your attention. This isn't as bad as it sounds though, because I was not hunted down by some angry Good Humor man. But that would sure make for a good story, huh? It just so happened that his route followed my route. For 2 miles. Let me explain the impact of that last sentence by a series of bullets that were my thought process along the way:
- Oh look, the Good Humor man...I used to LOVE when he came by when I was a kid, this is awesome
- Haha, it's playing "All Around the Mullberry Bush", I used to like that too, this is still cool
- Wow, he's moving pretty slowly to try and get customers...too bad nobody is around!
- It's now been 1 mile of hearing the same song over, and over, and over again - starting to get annoying
- Oh, thank goodness he's gone. I was seriously starting to get sick of that song...too bad it's stuck in my head now!
. 30 seconds later
- Damn, it - he's back and that SAME stupid song!
- I'm hungry - I could really go for a Bubble-o-Bill, remember those? Mmmm...
- Why is he following me! Is this some kind of sick joke?
- It's been 2 miles of this same song! Why can't they have a rotation of songs? I'm never getting this stupid song out of my head!
And just about when I was ready to give up hope, we departed each other's paths and went out separate ways.
Then, 2 hours later - he came through our neighborhood and I heard the same song AGAIN! And it stuck in my head for the next day. Stupid Good Humor Man.