Friday, August 15, 2008

Winner

Yesterday was a day of victories.

First, I beat this. What's that? You've never played it before? Oh, give it a try. You'll spend the next couple weeks trying to beat it on hard. It was quite the accomplishment if I do say so myself. In fact, it would have made my day.

But...

I also played in my softball league's championship game yesterday and I am pleased to announce that we are the 2008 league champs! To toot my own horn, I play in a league with 34 other teams, all from my company (its big). Its a very competitive league, with many people having been former division 1 college players in baseball and other various sports. The playoffs are split into upper tier and lower tiers; the top 17 teams being in the upper tier. After going through the first 2 innings up 3-1, our team exploded and put up 17 runs in the 3rd inning. We almost batted around the order twice, AND 11 of those runs came with 2 outs. It was quite the inning. By the 5th inning, we were up by more than 15 runs, so we won by slaughter rule 21-3. IN. THE. CHAMPIONSHIPS. Holy cow!

So that, my friends...is a victorious day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails