Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back From Eagleman!

Phew...that was a doozy. Only two words can describe the course: hot and HOT. That was one SOB of a race. But. Its. Over.

Final Time: 6:07:47

Not as fast as I would have liked, but all expectations flew out the window the second I saw the forecast for temps in the 90s, with the heat index in the mid 90s. Thank goodness for the event staff and volunteers. They kept the race safe and made sure there was lots of water and ice everywhere.

Race report to come...

3 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I TOTALLY TOOK YOUR CHIP OFF TODAY! I looked at you and thought, "is that lesser? no...wait, yes...no?" and my indecision meant I didn't get to say hi.

UGH! Great job for muscling through a hard, hard, hard day. Good stuff!

Rainmaker said...

Well... I didn't take off your chip. But I was thinkin' about ya (in a good way, not in THAT kinda way). I was thinking 'Good god, my little run sucks...it must really suck for him'. Roughly.

Congrats on pushing through - very nice job considering the heat and humidity.

Nancy Toby said...

Congratulations on finishing an EPIC PERFORMANCE!

Probably the time you took to slow down to say hello to me cost you a sub-6 finish!

But incredibly well done nevertheless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails