Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting Back to Racing

Well, its finally about time to start racing again.  I've been back running now for the better part of 3 months, so I have a pretty solid foundation to work with.  I finally settled on a 10k to serve as my comeback race.  For some reason, I had it in my head that a 10k would be better to see where I am versus a 5k.  Probably more about the unknown I guess.  I can pretty much pinpoint where my 5k fitness is at any time, given that it is what I use as the baseline for my training paces.  So needless to say, it isn't so important for me to come out and race one.  I want to do something more, but just enough to get a solid effort in to see where I am.  Enter the 10k.

So the date is set - November 6.  My return starts then....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails