Thursday, January 27, 2011

It Could Have Been Worse


At least it looked nice outside when I woke up this morning. Notice I say "I"...as in, only one of us made it home last night ;) Rebecca had an interesting night, becoming one with her office at work, rather than trying to slip slide her way home and into the nearest guardrail. It was definitely the right decision. I saw countless updates on Facebook throughout the night of people stuck on the highway for 3, 4, and 5+ hours to go only 2-4 miles! No thanks!

We ended up with about 8 inches of heavy, wet snow. It was enough to knock a ton of trees down and take out power for a lot of people. We had a tree come down, but it was just to the side of the house thankfully. More on that, once the snow clears and we figure out what we actually have to do with it!

For now though, it's time to go get my core workout in for the day and get started on some shoveling. The plow was nice enough to ensure I get in a good workout by leaving an extra 2 feet of snow piled in front of our driveway ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails