Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello Bike, Remember Me

With all the nice weather had this weekend, I figured it was about time to dust off the bike. After my workouts on Saturday, I took the time to remain outside in the nice weather by giving my bike a much needed cleaning. After it was all shiny again, it sat there just asking to be ridden.

Since my running has been the focus, I haven't spent much time on my bike. Add to the fact that we had snow on the ground almost the entire winter and it was bitterly cold, I really had no motivation to get out and ride. Oh, the trainer? Yea. Not for me, unless I am training for something and absolutely must get in a ride. So that just gathered dust in the basement, along with the bike. You could pretty much say that I haven't been on a bike since October. I have however, been going to some spinning classes lately, but my riding has been sporadic at best.

So when the nice weather hit this past weekend, it made for a great opportunity to hit the roads. It was a short, sweet ride of only about 20 miles, but it felt good to get back out on the road. I love long distance running and going to places you wouldn't otherwise get to, but cycling takes that to a whole new level.

In my opinion, there is no better feeling than riding on a car-less road, out in a hilly area, which are not very far from my house. When out there, you find lots of nature and not much else. Just you, the trees, animals, and your bike. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

1 comment:

how to do said...

thanks for your work

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails